Applications for Halo Sport Foundation funding are now open. To apply please click here
How To Apply
Applications for the next round of funding will open on 20th December 2016.
The Halo Sport Foundation works in partnership with National Governing Bodies of sport through our partnership with GLL Sports Foundation, Sport Wales and Sports Aid.
- Supported athletes must live / be educated (school, college, university) within either Bridgend County Borough Council or Herefordshire.
- Be a member of an affiliated club that has a training base with either Bridgend County Borough or Herefordshire.
- All awards are aligned to the Halo Sports Foundation Awards Criteria
- Applications are open to any age group, however the scheme is aimed at supporting young talented athletes.
Guidelines for Applications:
- The Halo Sport Foundation in partnership with our partners, sponsors and supporters provides tangible support (financial awards, training membership and sports science) for talented young sports men and women across the UK.
- All awards are aligned to the Awards Criteria.
- Training memberships enable the award recipient to access 16 Halo centres and partner GLL operated leisure venues across the UK.
- Individuals can only receive one Halo Sport Foundation award per annum and cannot apply for multiple areas.
- The Halo Sport Foundation works in partnership with SportsAid and Sport Wales to link directly with Sports National Governing Bodies talent frameworks.
- On submission of an application the applicant will view the confirmation screen, please screen print this page for proof if required, as no further email confirmation will be sent.
- The Awards Criteria will act as guidance to the Halo Sport Foundation Board to prioritise / determine allocation of awards within categories. Support priority is given to Olympic and Paralympic sports, however applications will be considered from other sports recognised by Sport England and Sport Wales.
- Consideration will be given relative to international experience where there is oversubscribed applications.
- Oversubscribed applications mean that awards are spread across different sports and ages.
- Applicants will be notified by April (of the award year) outcome of their application.
- Awards will be distributed within 6 weeks of the Halo Sport Foundation Boards decision in March (of the award year).
Terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must tick the terms and conditions box on the application form and agree to comply to these terms and conditions prior to application being considered for an award.
- Applicants under 16 years of age must have a parent / guardian consent prior to the application.
- The information contained on the application form must be accurate at point of submission.
- The Halo Sport Foundation and partners reserve the right to request proof of sporting information relating to all levels of awards.
- The Halo Sport Foundation work in partnership with other Local Authority / Public Sector partnership athlete talent schemes. Any change to the partnership award criteria will be communicated during the application process.
- The Halo Sport Foundation awards are not designed to have any exclusivity over athletes and athletes are free to seek other funding and support.
- Successful applicants in receipt of a Halo membership must complete all necessary membership documentation and agree to the terms and conditions of membership and venue rules.
- The Halo Sport Foundation and partners reserve the right to utilise application information for internal purposes directly relating to your award application and wider sporting opportunities.
- The Halo Sport Foundation reserves the right to use your details in any Halo / GLL / partner promotions and publicity.
- Successful applicants must recognise Halo support by using 'supported by the Halo Sport Foundation' on publicity materials.
- Successful applicants will be asked to make themselves available for publicity events for the Halo Sport Foundation / partner during the supported year.
- Successful applicants must keep the Halo Sport Foundation / partners updated on biographies / results / programmes / schedules during the supported year.
- Successful applicants must notify Halo if a personal injury prevents them from continued participation in their sport.
- Athlete training memberships do not include sport specific training fees and other associated sports club fees. Memberships do not include access to make bookings for club training.